How to properly pack a moving box
We have insurance for a good reason when using moving and storage but many insurance claims can easily be avoided by following these steps when packing your boxes.
1. Pack each room in your home separately grouping items of similar weight and size.
2. Layer the bottom of the box with packing peanuts, screwed up newspaper or something such as a towel that will cushion a blow.
3. Wrap lighter and fragile items with newspaper, bubble wrap or packing paper.
4. Pack the box with the heavier items on the bottom and the lighter items on the top making an inventory list as you go.
5. Cushion any space to prevent damage.
6. Before sealing check, you can easily lift your box.
7. Close the box and seal with strong packing tape.
8. Label the box with the contents or inventory number and the room the box is to be delivered.
After safe delivery and unpacking, recycle as much as you can.